Why can’t I just use a word for its definition?
Because language is not a constant, concrete thing, and words and their meanings change ALL THE TIME. One of the dictionary definitions of the word faggot is “a bundle of sticks or twigs, especially when bound together and used as fuel,” but if you think that means I’m going to just smile at someone should they hurl that word my way.
I have never heard of anyone being offended by using the word retarded in an appropriate manner (think a science class discussing plant growth), but nobody uses the word like that. Unfortunately, more often than not, the word is used in an ableist manner, and that’s just fucked up. I apologize the world doesn’t remain constant for you, but by saying that people need to not be “so uptight” you are yourself being ableist, and that is not okay in any whay, shape, or form, and you need to check your privilege.
Also, I’m a musician too, and I still think this is one of the dumbest arguments I’ve ever heard. Who the hell speaks in musical notation?
#There’s a difference between and opinion being unpopular and being just fucking stupid
God, Michael, that sums up unpopular-opinions soooo well.
144 Notes/ Hide
- spaceshiplanding likes this
- deliriumoblivion likes this
- geekybitch likes this
- smurferifabriken likes this
- xxsunflower-hempressxx likes this
- chrosty reblogged this from tremarctosornatus and added:
- chrosty likes this
- ryangoslingers reblogged this from avelinedegrandprix and added:
- himesha likes this
- wishyou-theworst likes this
- crowleystolemytardis likes this
- moriens-der-lyset likes this
- atasteofmei likes this
- car-pathia likes this
- taconacho likes this
- tremarctosornatus reblogged this from maus0leum and added:
- inambrose likes this
- zacharycondom likes this
- clairvoyant-pessimist likes this
- tsukinousako said: Boy I hate when people get all uptight and mad over everything, it’s so retarded.
- safetysuits likes this
- lorlovescows likes this
- bringmethelourizon likes this
- kuhlau likes this
- thehimesama likes this
- raisetheruth likes this
- venelllope likes this
- r4m0nafl0w3rs likes this
- onemilliondaydreams likes this
- bbardroy likes this
- whenfandomscolliderunandhide likes this
- vickytoria23 reblogged this from avatarkira
- darkopheliac likes this
- ssmutantalmostachickenduck reblogged this from baubles-and-broomsticks
- indianajo reblogged this from rnikechampa and added:
- avatarkira likes this
- avatarkira reblogged this from gayobamafanfiction
- peppersaddiction likes this
- ilovehisname likes this
- itsjust-an-illusion likes this
- jess-lizbeth reblogged this from complainsleigh
- sayuritears reblogged this from gayobamafanfiction
- bluelips-rainbowveins likes this
- alittlepieceofheaveninbatcountry reblogged this from thatavengedkid
- smalltownskylines likes this
- juggaluu likes this
- slengyel said: How would you feel if people starting throwing around racial slurs in everyday conversation? “Retarded” feels just as insulting to me. People get “uptight” for a reason. Maybe instead of challenging the reason, you can save using the term for your music.