when theres a shitty gross post on your dash and u scroll through like ‘oh christ’ and you get to the bottom and the person u follow has taken the time to call it out and debunk it
when theres a shitty gross post on your dash and u scroll through like ‘oh christ’ and you get to the bottom and the person u follow has taken the time to offer their support of the shittiness
REASONS YOU COULD HAVE LOST A FOLLOWER:
- Someone deleted a blog
- Someone left your fandom
- Someone is overwhelmed by their dash
- Someone doesn’t appreciate you [GOODBYE AND GOOD LUCK]
- Someone needs to take some time away and can’t be tempted by your blog
- They don’t like something you love (yes, it’s okay, man! This is why we create the dash we want)
- They feel more comfortable keeping a slow dash and stalking others
- Tumblr is a dick sometimes
Not reasons you lost a follower:
- You suck
Stop worrying. I am not kidding, dudes, stop worrying, stop commenting, know that we all create the dash we want, know that we don’t delete a blog with the hope of having someone feel sad that they are down a follower. Know that it’s better to post what makes YOU happy than what makes others happy.
That insanely popular blog you love too? It loses followers every day.
That underrated oc? It does too. But the people who stay are the ones who matter the most to that one person.
If you value the loss of people who don’t stay over the loyalty of the people who do, you’re missing the point.
I get it. It hurts. But take a step back. Remember why you are here. Think about the people who love you. They are going nowhere.
things tumblr needs to stop doing
- making minor useless changes
things tumblr needs to start doing
- releasing urls that have been terminated for 2+ years
- add a “disable reblogging” option for posts
- make blocking people make it so they can’t view your blog and set it up so i can make it when someone who i have blocked goes to my blog it redirects to a black page with white text in the middle that says “go fuck yourself” with a picture of shadow the hedgehog flipping them off
Hey guise, this is my 2001st Tumblr post.